Why Should I do Teeth Whiting?
Whitening your teeth has become increasingly popular over the last few years. There are a number of reasons why people may want to whiten their teeth. For some, it is simply because they want a Hollywood smile. They want to look like their favorite movie stars or television personalities. For others, it may be because they feel that white teeth are more professional looking. And for still others, it may be because their teeth have become discolored over time and they want to regain their original color.
Whatever the reason, there is no doubt that teeth whitening can have a major impact on your appearance. If you feel self-conscious about your smile, then whitening your teeth can help you feel more confident in social situations. In addition, whiter teeth can also make you look younger and more vibrant.
- Whitening treatments can be effective on both extrinsic and intrinsic staining.
- Only natural teeth can be whitened; in most cases, tooth-colored restorations will not bleach.
- Whitening treatments include in-office bleaching procedures, dentist-supplied products for use at home, and over-the-counter (OTC) whiteners.
- Carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide are commonly used in whitening interventions and can readily permeate dental hard tissues.
- Temporary tooth sensitivity and gingival inflammation are the most common adverse effects.